Monday, October 3, 2011

Episode Reviews Fate/Zero 1

Before viewing: Let's get one thing straight. I haven't seen Fate/Stay Night. Honestly, the series doesn't interest me in the slightest. It just looked so boring and bland. I'm hoping that this prequel doesn't require having seen the original first, and I don't get too confused. Depending on how much I like this series, I might start Fate/Stay Night. Honestly, I hope I don't like it, because frankly I'm behind on anime as it is.



After viewing: This episode was a lot longer than I expected, forty seven minutes long, and that's not including an opening theme either. I like these longer first episodes (Heaven's Memo Pad did the same thing last season) because it allows them to cram in more information in the first episode, instead of dragging out the introductions to two episodes. In spite of this, the iconic character of the series, Saber, doesn't show up till the very end of the episode.

So much exposition was crammed into this episode, it was a bit boring and confusing. There's so much going on all at once, that I'm not entirely sure what's going on in this episode. This isn't entirely unusual for a first episode, however, particularly when a series has an entire mythos behind it like this one does, so I'm hoping that the next episode slows down a bit, while still paying attention to the actual story instead on playing around for half the series focusing on generic anime plotlines instead of the things that actually make the series interesting. The Holy Grail Wars have potential, and I'm interested in seeing these characters looked into better rather than just being all quickly introduced and crammed together in a single episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment