Sunday, July 10, 2011

First Impressions: Mayo Chiki

Plot Synopsis: Konoe Subaru, 17, has been serving as the butler of Suzutsuki Kanade in school, a classmate of Sakamachi Kinjirou. Due to an accident, Sakamachi discovers Subaru's secret... that he's actually a girl!? Apparently she will be removed from her position if anyone at school finds out. What will unfold from this chain of events?

Before viewing: I think everyone has that one genre that's a guilty pleasure for them, one that they always enjoy even when they know it's stupid. For me, it's gender bender. I've always been a fan of gender bender, even when I can't defend the series as being good. They always entertain me, so it's very likely I'll enjoy this series.

After viewing: This is such a standard gender bender series that you can almost see every moment happen before it does. Pretty much the only difference between this and other gender benders is that unlike most shonen gender benders, it's a girl rather than a boy who's gender-bending. It's a cliche ridden series, and the logic is so ridiculous it's laughable. But if you enjoy these cliches as much as I do, it's just as entertaining as any other gender bender series, but it's certainly not the best, and definitely can't be considered good. It's just average.

No comments:

Post a Comment